2. In resistance welding, the pressure is
released after the weld cools.
3. Grey cast iron is best welded by
4. The edge preparation for welding Is not
needed up to 4 mm thickness of plate.
5. The relation for cutting tool life is
given by VTn = C where V is cutting speed, T is corresponding
life n and C are constant depending on cutting conditions. The
numerical value of n for roughing cut as compared to that for
light cuts in mild steel does not on type of cut.
6. A plug gauges are used for inspection to
check tolerance i.e. Upper and lower limits of the Hole
or Cylindrical Bore. Its Work On GO
/ NO-GO Principle.
7. Aluminum has a higher cutting speed than
cast iron and tool steel.
8. A magnetic chuck is generally used when
a large number of components are turned and parted off from a
9. Gear tooth vernier is used for measuring
gear tooth profile.
Fig: 3D Printing-New Manufacturing
10. Undercutting is cutting from the base of a
11. Laser welding is widely used in
12. Un- like materials or materials of
different thickness can be butt welded by control of pressure
13. In are welding operations the current
value is decided by the size of the electrode.
14. The phenomenon of weld decay takes place
in stainless steel.
15. Arc below takes place in welding
16. Swab is used in foundry for repairing
17. Gagger is used in foundry for cleaning
18. Bellows are used in foundry for
smoothening and cleaning out depression in the mould.
19. Permeability of a foundry sand is
capacity to hold moisture.
20. What for are metal pattern used in large
scale production of castings.
21. An important factor to be considered
while designing a core print is moulding sand
22. Weld spatter refers to welding defect.
23. If ‘t’ is the thickness of sheet to be
spot welded, then electrode tip diameter is equal to √t.
24. A sprue is a tool used in mould
25. Gate is a vent hole to allow for the hot
gases to escape.
26. Core prints provided to from seat to
support and hold the core.
27. The equipment that is used in pit for
supply of air is known as centrifugal blower.
28. Draft allowance on castings is generally
29. Tumbling is done so as to clean the
surface of small parts.
30. The purpose of inoculation is to modify
the structure and properties of a cast metal.
31. The draft allowance on metallic pattern
as compared to wooden ones is less.
32. Angle iron is not a angle measuring
33. The mould for casting ferrous materials
in continuous casting process is made of copper.
34. If V is the volume of metal in a casting
and A its surface areas, then time of solidification will be
proportional to V2, 1/A2. The purpose of riser is to help feed
the casting until all solidification takes place.
35. A silver refers to the temperature of
equilibrium between solid silver and liquid silver at normal
36. The gold point refers to 10630C.
37. The silver point refers to 960.500C.
38. Rotameter is used for flow of liquids
39. The impedance of piezo-electric crystal
40. Hot wire anemometers are generally used
for measuring velocity of air steam.
41. Scale sensitivity is defined as ratio of
a change in scale reading to the corresponding change in
42. In carthias process cavity is filled
with a pre-calculated quantity of metal and a core or plunger
is inserted to force the metal in to cavity.
43. In slush casting process metal is poured
in to die cavity, and after a predetermined time the mould is
inverted to permit a part of metal still in molten to flow out
44. Ornaments are cast by gravity casting.
45. During MIG welding the metal is
transferred in the from of fine spray of metal.
46. A collimated light beam is used for
producing heat in laser welding.
47. Wipping is the process of connecting
loss pipes by soldering alloy.
48. In water jet machining process hydraulic
fluid acts as transfer media.
49. The power consumption in ultrasonic
machining in kW/cm3/min is of the order of 10 kW/m3/min.
50. Sweep pattern is used for moulding parts
having uniform symmetrical shape.
51. The helix angle on a HSS (High Speed
Steel) twist drill for drilling cast iron is of the order of
52. The usual value of helix angle of a
drill is 300.
53. A twist drill is specified by shank,
material and diameter.
54. Broaching operation is generally used in
automobile industry as semi-skilled operators can be employed.
55. For proper broaching operation at least
three number of teeth should be in the work at a time.